Instagram

Saturday 19 March 2016

Why I Love One Tree Hill

I've been wanting to write this post since I started this blog, but I've honestly had no idea how to go about it! I have so much love for this TV show and I can't decide if I'll even be able to put it into words... I wasn't entirely sure how to structure the post, and what to even write about to be honest- I imagined the post to just be something like "I LOVE ONE TREE HILL, that is all." That would be a very boring and pointless post! So I've decided to give you my reasons why I love the show so much (and why you should most certainly go and watch it).

Quotes
Nine seasons full of inspirational quotes, this show has picked me up so many times when I've felt low. I think the quotes speak for themselves, so I'll just list a few of my favourites:

1. "Sometimes it seems like you're the only one in the world who's struggling, who's frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling is a lie. If you hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes- someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there, and that someone will find you."

2. "There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid! What you've got to do is figure out what you're afraid of because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet- you can use it."

3. "The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny. And when you lose yourself in the darkness and despair, remember that it's only in the black of night you see the stars- and those stars will lead you back home. So don't be afraid to stumble and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for. Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination."

4. "Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe it's right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you might just get the thing you're wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart."

5. "Sometimes pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you expect it to always be there, because you can't remember a time in your life when it wasn't. But then one day you feel something else, something that feels wrong, only because it's so unfamiliar. And in that moment, you realise you're happy."

6. "Take a look in the mirror- who do you see looking back? Is it the person you wanna be? Or is there someone else you were meant to be but fell short of? Is someone telling you you can't or won't? Because you can. Believe that love is out there. Believe that dreams come true everyday, because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money or fame or power. Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and the quiet nobility of leading a good life. Believe that dreams come true everyday, because they do. So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be. Believe that! And believe that dreams come true everyday, because they do."

7. "When you stop fighting, you stop living. So find your fight. Then fight like hell until your battle is won."

8. "That pain in your heart, that voice in your head that tells you there's no way out- it's wrong. It gets better."

9. "Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and beats you up. But there's a day when you realise you're not just a survivor. You're a warrior. You're tougher than anything it throws your way."

10. "You need to learn to let go of whatever it is that makes you think you're not good enough, because that's how you're gonna beat this. When you learn that you matter."

Relationships
You'll definitely find that couple that you ship so hard! The relationships in this show are literally goals, if only I could find a love like that haha!

Characters
You'll form bonds with characters throughout the seasons. I definitely have my favourites- when they cry, I cry. There's also some very sexy male characters so that may sway the ladies towards giving the show a go... ;)

Music
This show features some amazing songs, and even has live performances quite often! I love the theme tune, I Don't Wanna Be by Gavin DeGraw- the above gif is from the final episode when Gavin is performing and all the cast are singing along to the theme tune... You could've pulled my hair out and it would still hurt less than this gif.

Sadness
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."
The amount of times I've cried because of this show is ridiculous. You make such a bond with the characters over time and the deaths are so emotional. This is a quote from an episode where there is a really emotional death, it makes me cry every single time...
"Quentin Fields was a basketball player. He was also a son. A brother. Somebody's teammate. Somebody's friend. I never knew Quentin Fields and I guess now I never will. Did you ever wonder what it would be like if you weren't you anymore? If you were suddenly gone how would your world react? Whatever you imagined was wrong. There's nothing romantic about death. Grief is like the ocean, it's deep and dark and bigger than all of us. And pain is like a thief in the night. Quiet. Persistent. Unfair. Diminished by time and faith and love. I didn't know Quentin Fields but I'm jealous of him because I see how his absence has affected the people that did know him, so I know that he did matter to them. And I know he was loved. People say Quentin Fields was a great basketball player. Graceful. Fluid. Inspiring. They say on a good night it almost seemed as though he could fly. And now he can."

Humour
It's not just about the drama and the heartache, it's pretty funny too!

Hope
"We can all use a little hope sometimes, you know? That feeling that everything is gonna be okay and that there's going to be someone there to help make sure of that." I've definitely connected with this TV series, even though it's only a show it has given me so much hope- everything is going to be okay! "Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes."

The writer described it as 'the little show that could'- and for me, it did.

2 comments:

  1. I've started doing the little cat gesture when people get bitchy! I wish I could channel B.Davies all the time! Currently just starting to re-watch series 5 :) x

    Sian
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! aw nanny carrie time then ;) I've re-watched them all quite a few times now so I'm just picking random episodes that I love now haha!! :) x

      Delete